The 5 Top Benefits of Fasting
1. Promotes Blood Sugar Control by Reducing Insulin Resistance
Intermittent fasting and alternate-day fasting could help decrease blood sugar levels and reduce insulin resistance.
2. Promotes Better Health by Fighting Inflammation
Fasting could decrease inflammation and may be useful in treating inflammatory conditions, such as multiple sclerosis and fibromyalgia.
3. May Enhance Heart Health by Improving Blood Pressure, Triglycerides and Cholesterol Levels
Fasting may lower the risk of coronary heart disease and may help lower blood pressure, triglycerides and cholesterol levels.
4. Boosts Brain Function and Prevents Neurodegenerative Disorders
Fasting can improve brain function, increase nerve cell synthesis and protect against neurodegenerative conditions, such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s.
5. Aids Weight Loss by Limiting Calorie Intake and Boosting Metabolism
Fasting may increase metabolism and help preserve muscle tissue to reduce body weight and body fat.