What is a Myers Cocktail?
Named after a physician in Baltimore Maryland, Dr. John Myers was a pioneer in the use of intravenous vitamins and minerals as a means to treat various medical conditions.
Infusions were given up to twice weekly and today consist of magnesium chloride, calcium gluconate, vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine), vitamin B complex, vitamin B5 (dexpanthenol), vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin), and vitamin C.
Conditions that Dr. Myers frequently treated with intravenous vitamins and minerals include; asthma attacks, acute migraines, fatigue, fibromyalgia, acute muscle spasm, narcotic withdrawal, upper respiratory tract infections, chronic sinusitis, athletic performance, hyperthyroidism and seasonal allergies. Today, the Myers cocktail is used for countless medical conditions to improve symptoms and help resolve underlying health issues not responding to conventional therapies.
Fatigue is one of the most common complaints among us today and can be associated with a nutrient deficiency. Over the years, the Myers cocktail has been modified based upon specific micronutrient testing in which amino acids and other nutrients can be added for a customized infusion.
The standard Myers’ cocktail includes:
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, B-Complex vitamins, Vitamin B12
- Calcium: Calcium aids bone formation and strength. It also can help control irregular heartbeats.
- Magnesium: Generally stored in bones, muscles, and soft tissues. It has been found to reduce fatigue, migraines, muscle spasms and may even help those at risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Glutathione: Glutathione is a potent antioxidant that naturally occurs in the body. Glutathione aids the immune system and has been found to help in the prevention of cancer, cystic fibrosis, HIV, and the normal aging process.
- Saline Solution: All ingredients for the Myers’ cocktail are combined in an IV bag usually consisting of normal saline.
Should I Get A Myers Cocktail Infusion?
If you are interested in trying a Myer’s Cocktail IV Infusion call Renew Integrative Health at 302-444-4366 to schedule an infusion.